EXPERIENCE NATIONAL HARBOR
The Capital Wheel at National Harbor
You’ll feel like you’re sitting on top of the world when you experience National Harbor’s newest iconic attraction, The Capital Wheel!
As you soar 180 feet above the Potomac River waterfront, you will marvel at the incomparable views. Sights visible include the White House and Capitol, the National Mall, Arlington Cemetery, City of Alexandria, Prince George’s County and the lush parklands throughout the DC-Maryland-Virginia region.
Click HERE to visit The Capital Wheel’s website.
With its 42-closed, climate-controlled gondolas each seating eight, The Capital Wheel will operate year-round, so you can take in the changing seasons from a bird’s eye view! The Capital Wheel will be available for a variety of public, corporate and private events, with catering available by Wolfgang Puck, whose team will provide creative seasonal concessions.
Since its debut in May 2014, The Capital Wheel has become the newest world-class icon of the National Capital area, just like its counterparts in other U.S. cities and around the globe. Be among the first to experience this eagerly-awaited addition to National Harbor – a sophisticated yet family-friendly adventure for all ages.
Fun Facts About The Capital Wheel:
- Size: 180 Feet Tall (diameter of wheel is 165 feet)
- Visible from the Top of the Observation Wheel: Washington Monument, U.S. Capitol, Alexandria, Prince George’s County
- Number of Climate-Controlled Gondolas: 42 (including 1 VIP Gondola, National Harbor One)
- Maximum Number of Passengers: 336 (8 per Gondola)
- Price: $15 per ride, $50 per ride in National Harbor One (VIP gondola)
- Hours of Operation (estimated): 10 a.m. to 11 p.m., year-round
- Ride Speed: 1.5 rotations per minute
- Lighting: 1.6 million LED lights, fully programmable, with a spectrum of 16.7 million colors
- Concessions: Wolfgang Puck Catering will operate concessions, and the Observation Wheel will be available for private party rental.
- Other Cities with Observation Wheels: London, Seattle, Niagara Falls, Brisbane, Perth, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Malacca Island, Pigeon Forge and Myrtle Beach.
- Manufacturer: Chance Rides, Wichita, Kansas
- Architect: Brown Craig Turner, Baltimore, Maryland
- Construction Manager / General Contractor: Cianbro
- Opened: May 23, 2014
Watch how we build it:
View From Our Live Webcam:
Stephanie Orton Lynch
VP, Communications | Delucchi Plus
202.248.5855 | email@example.com
VP, Corporate Marketing & Communications | The Peterson Companies
703.631.7572 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Capital Wheel: Contact Us
For Sponsorship Opportunities, please contact Lisa M. DeBow at email@example.com